[pmwiki-users] Bug in functions PageTextVar or Qualify?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 10:49:36 CDT 2008

Sunday, April 27, 2008, 12:17:43 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:

> PageTextVar (and PageVar) is not only used to display PTVs inside form fields,
> but also sometimes to display relative links/PTVs inside (other) pages; this
> is why it prepares the variables.
> I still don't think this is a "bug", and, except for you writing a filter that
> strips the Group.Page from every {Group.Page$FullName}, I don't see how it
> can be changed (or why should it be).

I could perhaps filter this for the cases where foxedit loads a
particular PTV into an edit field.

But I cannot in cases where the edit form uses
(:input defaults source=SourcePage :)
and input fields with name=$:Var
Here function InputDefault from scripts/forms.php calls the Qualify
function:

$InputValues['ptv_'.$m[2]] =
    htmlspecialchars(Qualify($source, $m[3]), ENT_NOQUOTES);

I don't understand why Qualify is called, as InputDefault is used to
populate input fields. Values like '{$Title}' will be shown in the
input field as '{Group.Page$Title}' and not as written.
Perhaps this is a bug? To my mind it is an undesirable substitution.

  ~Hans