[pmwiki-users] Sortable tables

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 24 11:15:50 CDT 2008

Luigi,

http://www.joostdevalk.nl/code/sortable-table/ is dead easy.

1. Download the javascript file from the above link (right click, "Save
Link As..." on "Just the script, unzipped (9kb)"

2. Upload that file to your server, to wiki/pub/sortable/sortable.js

3. Create a file called Experiments.Sortable.php (ie a file that
corresponds in name to the wiki page where you have the sortable table,
plus the ".php" extension)

4. In that file type the following:

<?php

$HTMLHeaderFmt['sortable'] =  '<script type="text/javascript"
src="pub/sortable/sortable.js"></script>';

5. Upload Experiments.Sortable.php to your wiki/local directory

6. Create a wiki page called Experiments.Sortable (ie a page
corresponding in name to the file created in step 3.)

7. Add the following wiki text to your wiki page:

||class=sortable id=thetable
|| First Column || Second Column || Third Column ||
|| One || 1 || North America ||
|| Two || 2 || South America ||
|| Three || 3 || Europe ||
|| Four || 4 || Africa ||
|| Five || 5 || Australia ||

8. Enjoy!

For a demo, see

http://testwebsite.bechmann.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=Experiments.Sortable

To see the wiki source see
http://testwebsite.bechmann.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=Experiments.Sortable?action=source

Feel free to create a cookbook recipe out of this (I have to run...)

Best,

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann