[pmwiki-users] Fwd: help with password setup

Janaki Kuruppu jkuruppu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:43:25 CDT 2008

I feel very stupid about this question, but I admit I'm stumped!

Just installed PmWiki on our site, and I like it a lot, so far, but....

I've set a password in the local/config.php file for
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('secret'); (yes, i've changed "secret" to
my own password)
but the system never asked me for a password.

what else do i need to do.

the documentation seems to indicate that the Site. pages shouldn't be
editable without the admin password, but I seem to be able to edit
anything.  is it something to do with dir/file permissions??

thanks,
janaki

--
Words are the shell, meditation the kernel. Words are the body of the
prayer, and meditation its spirit.