[pmwiki-users] Cyrillic problems..

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Apr 8 05:06:44 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Anton Shevtsov wrote:
> I added a button (Page Actions) "Discuss (Обсуждение - on Russian)". While
> the name of the group or pages written in Roman everything works, but if in
> Cyrillic, the errors.
>
> * %item rel=nofollow class=edit
> accesskey='$[ak_attach]'%[[Comments.{$Group}_{$Name}?action=view |
> $[Discuss] ]]
>
> Example:
> Group Name is 'Для Пользователя'
> Page Name is 'ОбщиеВопросы'
>
> By pressing the button "Discuss" appears:
>
> Страница "Comments.ДляПользователяОбщиеВопросы" не существует. (Создать
> {Comments.ДляПользователяОбщиеВопросыComments.ДляПользователяОбщиеВопросыFu
>llName})

Hello.

I have no such problems on my wikis. What is your PmWiki version and your
website encoding? Did you or any of your recipes change the
$FmtPV['$RequestedPage'] variable? Did you change the Site.PageNotFound page?
What exactly is your translated phrase in the Russian XLPage "Страница ... не
существует. Создать ..."?

If you can, you should use the UTF-8 encoding, and much better support for
UTF-8 was added in the PmWiki beta series (so, get the latest beta). See also
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UTF-8

Note, in order the links to work in the beta, in "PageActions" and similar
included pages, you should use {*$Group} instead of {$Group} and {*$Name}
instead of {$Name}.

Thanks,
Petko