[pmwiki-users] Request for feedback on Fox modification

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 09:27:55 CDT 2007

The form processing fox recipe is at the moment not capable of posting
fox forms itself. I like to change this, so Fox can be used to post
fox forms, defined in a template.

To make this change I need to change the handling of replacement
variables encountered in a template. The general syntax is
{$$varname}, and fox.php replaces this with the value found in field of
name 'varname'. If a field with such a name does not exist, an empty
string will be inserted instead of the {$$varname} placeholder.

I propose that fox.php will check if a 'varname' field exists, and if
no such field exists it will leave the {$$varname} untouched, i.e.
insert {$$varname} in the posted page (or content).

Something similar should also happen to {$$varname[]} for array
fields.

Will this lead to other complications?
Do some forms processing expect insertion of the empty string?
Is there a better alternative?

Please let me know your ideas on this problem!
Thank you!

  ~Hans