[pmwiki-users] Custom data input

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Sun Sep 23 13:30:04 CDT 2007

Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> Yesterday I got asked if it was possible to extend a pmwiki site
> so that the users could book times and record the time they have
> been doing stuff (and do a automatic summary). Sure I said ...
>
> +   Reserve time. There should be time slots available where
>      different members could reserve time, once one member has
>      reserved a time only that member should be allowed to edit/delete
>      the reservation
>
> +   Record time worked. Each member should be allowed to add info
>      about when they have been doing stuff, this info should be
>      presented together with a sum of all the time worked. Each member
>      should only be allowed to edit their own data.

If I were to be given this task, I'd start by looking at the various Calendar
applications in PmWiki:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Calendar

and see about mashing one of them together with some sort of form system:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook#FormTools

Let us know how things go for you, as I'll probably have to do something very
similar within the next few months.