[pmwiki-users] the last step to complete pmwiki installation

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 20 08:38:51 CDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Deano <awared at inbox.com> wrote:
> Dear pmWiki users,
> I just installed pmwiki and of all the wiki's so far (tikiwiki and
> mediawiki)
> this was the easiest. Except that now that everything seems ok and the
> installation is finished I don't know how to access my page.
> I just made a config.php file and edited it choosing a password and
> placed it docs.

Placed it docs?  The config.php file goes in your wiki's local/ directory.

> Now when I go to www.mysite.com/mywiki/pmwiki.php
> I still see the help pages.

Try setting a read password for the PmWiki group.

   www.example.com/mywiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.GroupAttributes&action=attr

> Another thing that's confusing is that I
> didn't
> select a admin name having in php:
> $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('mypassword');
> is my admin name "admin"?

"admin" is an authorization level, not a name.  It's explained in the
"Password Basics" section here:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin

Hagan