[pmwiki-users] INSTANT UPDATE: EditMore... NEW RECIPE: ShortCutsMarkup...

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Sat Sep 15 07:36:06 CDT 2007

Hi SB!

Actually, I just finished working on the next version of EditMore, which
works with any of the following formats:

Muffins, [[Category/Muffins]], [[Category:Muffins]],
[[Category.Muffins]], [[{$CategoryGroup}/Muffins]],
[[{$CategoryGroup}:Muffins]], [[{$CategoryGroup}.Muffins]], [[!Muffins]]

Also, if you want to make a link in the tags box to somewhere else, all
you have to do is use . or / with a group that isn't called Category or
{$CategoryGroup}...

Home/Muffins, [[Home/Muffins]], [[Home.Muffins]]

... Because categories are not the only think you want to tag a page with.

Finally, the last update for this version is that in order to make the
tags viewable, all you have to do is stink {$:editmoretags}somewhere on
the page. If you want to create a box in your site footer, instead add
(*$FullName{$:editmoretags}}

OR, you can use one of the other category grabbers.

I will be posting this update today.

----

In the future, EditMore will
* Grab other category links in the page.
* Allow adding check boxes for adding (:linebreaks:)...(:nolinebreaks:),
(:spacewikiwords:)..., etc. to the EDIT TEMPLATE
* Give an option to automatically make the title = {*$Namespaced} if the
box is empty.
* Give an option to make the summary automatically equal to the description.

And when I really get time:
* Provide a drop-down of user templates which it will use to propagate
the Edit textarea.

----

Tell me, what else would allow you to EditMore?

--
        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~