[pmwiki-users] PmForm DataForm with input select

Pico Ben-Amotz pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Fri Sep 14 09:33:45 CDT 2007

I'm trying to use PmForm DataForm with input select to use a drop down list
generated from a pagelist to populate a data form variable.
I started with the basic DataForm example (which worked fine) but I am
having a hard time figuring out how to modify it to switch from a regular
input text to an input select.  Here is what I am starting out with.

In Site/LocalTemplates I have the following dataform, datapost and dropdown
templates:

[[#dataform]]
(:input pmform target=savedata :)
(:input default source={*$FullName} :)
(:input default request=1 :)
(:messages:)
|| Name:||(:input text $:name size=25 :) ||
|| Email:||(:input text $:email size=25 :) ||
(:input submit :)
(:input end:)
[[#dataformend]]

[[#datapost]]

(:template defaults savevars=$:name,$:email, $:n:)
[[#datapostend]]

[[#dropdownlist]]
(:input select name=n {=$FullName} "{=$Name}":)
[[#dropdownlistend]]

Initially I tried changing the dataform message line for name to:

|| Name:||(:pagelist fmt=#dropdownlist group=people ||

which provided me with a drop down list, but when I pressed select I would

navigate to the page selected in the drop down list instead of simply

passing along the value from the drop down list.

What am I missing?

Pico