[pmwiki-users] ldap

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 10 03:53:12 CDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Thomas Gemperli <gemperli at arch.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 10.09.2007, at 09:46, Maria McKinley wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get authentication using ldap working, and having a
> > very hard time. here are the lines I added to local/config.php:
> >
> > ## Want entire site to be password-protected for editing.
> > $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit_password');
> > ## Want to use AuthUser so we can use ldap for passwords
> > include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
> > # use ldap.shadlen.org for authentication
> > $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.shadlen.org/ou=people,dc=shadlen?
> > dc=org?';
>
> I'm using ldap, with the following config:
>
> $AuthUser['ldap'] = "ldap://host.domain.tld/cn=users,dc=domain,dc=tld?
> uid";
> #  Enable authuser extensions - MUST be BELOW every $AuthUser entry
> in this file
> include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>
> Make sure to include authuser.php below any $AuthUser lines.
>
> Thomas

Thanks a bunch. That does seem like something worth putting in the
docs under AuthUser, ldap. Maybe I'll do that once I have this all
figured out, since it is a wiki and all. :-)  However, it doesn't seem
to completely solve my problem. Now I get no error message, it just
doesn't log me in, so I don't know if the ldap enquiry was successful
and there is some other problem, or if I am still having ldap
problems. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? I'd still like to know
if there is a log somewhere that might give me more info.

thanks,
maria