[pmwiki-users] getting xml output from a dataset

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 9 11:27:57 CDT 2007

All,

I'm looking for a strategy to generate custom xml output from a
structured wiki page.

I'm using google maps api to generate maps like this:
http://www.dufferinpark.ca/market/wiki/wiki.php?n=LocalProducers.Map

Google maps takes an xml table as input, but I would like to have a wiki
front end for this.

So I propose a wikimarkup like this:

(:datatable farmers:)
(:datarecord item:)
name:Akiwenzie's Fish
contact:Andrew Akiwenzie
info:/market/wiki/wiki.php?n=Vendors.FrontPage#AkiwenziesFish
phone:519-534-9056
latitude:44.743178
longitude:-81.141013
(:datarecordend:)
(:datarecord item:)
name:Beretta's Organics
contact:Cynthia Beretta
info:/market/wiki/wiki.php?n=Vendors.FrontPage#beretta
phone:416-674-5609
email:thefarm at berettaorganics.com
website:www.berettaorganics.com
notebook:/market/wiki/wiki.php/VendorNotebook.FrontPage#beretta
image:/common/wiki/pub/googlemaps/farmersmap/beretta.gif
latitude:43.946884
longitude:-79.584704
(:datarecordend:)
(:datatableend:)

Which would map to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<farmers>
<item>
 <name>Akiwenzie's Fish</name>
 <contact>Andrew Akiwenzie</contact>
 <info>/market/wiki/wiki.php?n=Vendors.FrontPage#AkiwenziesFish</info>
 <phone>519-534-9056</phone>
 <latitude>44.743178</latitude>
 <longitude>-81.141013</longitude>
</item>
<item>
 <name>Beretta's Organics</name>
 <contact>Cynthia Beretta</contact>
 <info>/market/wiki/wiki.php?n=Vendors.FrontPage#beretta</info>
 <phone>416-674-5609</phone>
 <email>thefarm at berettaorganics.com</email>
 <website>www.berettaorganics.com</website>
 <notebook>/market/wiki/wiki.php/VendorNotebook.FrontPage#beretta</notebook>
 <image>/common/wiki/pub/googlemaps/farmersmap/beretta.gif</image>
 <latitude>43.946884</latitude>
 <longitude>-79.584704</longitude>
</item>
</farmers>

Question: How would I approach this? I'm thinking
Group.DataPage?action=xml hooked into some kind of processing. It would
be nice if the routine could check for $action, which if not xml would
produce readable output for the wiki page itself.

Thanks,

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann