[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and ISYS

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Sep 7 14:01:10 CDT 2007

Neil Herber (nospam) said...
> Sandy wrote:
> > marc wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm involved with a company that uses ISYS
> >>
> >>   http://www.isys-search.com/
> >>
> >> for their document management.
> >>
> >> They'd like to add their PmWiki site to ISYS, but since it scans the
> >> source files, this will clearly not work.
> >>
> >> Is the best way forward to periodically create a static web-site from
> >> PmWiki and scan this? Or is there a better way?
> >>

> > You can create a static web-site from PmWiki using wget. You can also
> > create a PDF of it. Lots of info in the cookbook.
>
> Unless I have completely misunderstood the ISYS docs, they have a spider
> to index websites via HTTP. Perhaps you just need to turn this feature
> on for the PmWiki site.
>
> http://forums.isys-search.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=7&sid=8d1e8559b3dbe787ba621fc5e64478d3

Sandy, Neil,

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't finalised my route through this, but
a static site seemed like a good route. However, I had problems with
wget due to the php suffix on pages. Next, I will try the same but after
applying clean urls.

I didn't know about the ISYS spider, so will query the ISYS "expert" on
this.

Thanks.

The wiki -- the PmWiki -- at the site in question, has proven to be
extremely successful. It's wonderful to watch folk empower themselves
through information.

--
Cheers,
Marc