[pmwiki-users] Hiding the edit button (:if auth admin:)

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Sep 7 10:46:57 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 08:45:59PM -0400, Sameer Kumar wrote:
>> How about Opera?? Is there a key combination that would work in Opera?
>
> According to the sites I searched (google for "opera accesskey"),
> it looks like hitting Shift+ESC enables accesskeys.  So, hitting
> Shift+ESC followed by 'E' should be enough to activate editing
> from Opera.
>
> Pm

I never did get this to work reliably. I'm using FireFox, and FireFox
keeps grabbing the codes itself.

Not to mention all the other browsers out there. So, if it works for
your client it's a great main method, but you should have another method
as backup, in case he's on the road or his current computer dies. (Not
that clients' computers ever die.)

Maybe create a page Admin/, but don't link to it from any other page on
the site. That way, he just has to type www.mysite.com/Admin . Once he's
logged in, ifauth should work.

Sandy