[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy at kaplan-myrth.ca
Wed Sep 5 18:03:48 CDT 2007

I decided to make the switch from UserAuth to UserAuth2 today. It went
smoothly until I tried to log in as "admin" with no password, the
default user. I had the same problem that IchBin reported in emails from
earlier this year: At the login page, I enter "admin" with no password,
and it returns to the page saying "Authentication required". If I try to
edit a page (in order to force a login request), it asks for my username
and password and then returns me to the page, but not editing it.

I can tell that it processes my username and password correctly and that
it created the "admin" user correctly -- if I put in a different
username or a different password it returns "Wrong password supplied"
instead.

This is on Windows with Apache and PHP 5.2.0. I tried giving all users
full privileges on the entire UserAuth2 subfolder in Cookbook/, but that
didn't help. Ii also tried it on a vanilla install of PmWiki, with no
other cookbooks at all installed. In contrast, on a vanilla installation
of PmWiki on my Linux server (with PHP 5.2.1), it works perfectly.

Does anybody have UserAuth2 running on Windows with Apache and this
version of PHP?

Cheers,
Andy

--