[pmwiki-users] newbie - login methods

Duarte Carreira dncarreira at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 06:41:20 CDT 2007

Hello.

After the usual decision nightmare, I've settled with PmWiki! (at least I
think so...)

One major objective is to have a somewhat secure wiki that allows our team
to login and edit pages. Everyone else can read.

1) only the team will be able to edit
I used AuthUser and created a few users and put them in a Group. Then setup
a password like the manual said:
$DefaultPasswords<http://dnc1v2/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.SecurityVariables#DefaultPasswords>['edit']
= array('@DIGC', '@admins');

But I don't see any efect of this... everyone can edit everything.

Unless I setup the Group security, by using the GroupAttributes page. But
this is not a login, it's only a password.

So, summing up:
 * how can I have a login that gives edit privileges to a group of users?
 * how to insert the user's login on edited pages/blog entries?
 * is it possible for PmWiki to recognize a user's windows login
automagically?

Thank you all!
Duarte Carreira