[pmwiki-users] Vertical sections

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Sat Sep 1 21:43:48 CDT 2007

RONALD PYATT wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm asking this right, but I'm looking
> for a way to have 2 vertical sections (editable) on a
> page. Something similar to Section Edit and Include
> With Edit, but the sections would be side by side. Is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
I actually just got another idea for OPTIONAL columns in a page, WITHOUT
having to do anything specific for any page:

1. Create a page called Site.Columns:
(:div id="leftcol" style="float:left;width:50%;border-right:1px dashed
black;":)
(:include {*$FullName}-Left:)

(:if auth edit:)
[[{*$FullName}-Left?action=edit|Edit left column...]]
(:ifend:)
(:divend:)
(:div id="rightcol" style="float:right;width:49.5%;":)
(:include {*$FullName}-Right:)

(:if auth edit:)
[[{*$FullName}-Right?action=edit|Edit left column...]]
(:ifend:)
(:divend:)

2. Now, in ANY group that you want the OPTION for columns, put this code
in the {GroupName}.GroupFooter:

(:include Site.Columns:)

---

I like this because it gives you the option to NOT use columns on a
specific page if you so choose... or to NOT use the main page for
anything except a title...

This is pretty cool, layout wise... The best part being that it leaves
you with options...

Ciao.
Mike