[pmwiki-users] Vertical sections

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Sat Sep 1 14:11:42 CDT 2007

RONALD PYATT wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm asking this right, but I'm looking
> for a way to have 2 vertical sections (editable) on a
> page. Something similar to Section Edit and Include
> With Edit, but the sections would be side by side. Is
> this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
Do you mean two columns on a few pages here and there, or two columns on
/every/ page? The answer is different, depending...

As Jim said, if you only want this functionality on a few pages, it
would look like this:

(:table:)
(:cellnr width=50%:)
(:include Main.MainLeft:)

[[Main.MainLeft?action=edit|Edit this column.]]
(:cell width=50%:)
(:include Main.MainRight:)

[[Main.MainRight?action=edit|Edit this column.]]
(:tableend:)

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Columns does this sort of thing much easier.

However, if you want it on every page, you might consider just using:
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MakeColumns

You edit in the same window, but you have the option of where to break
into the next column.

-Mike