[pmwiki-users] Fixed columns?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 16:26:56 CDT 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007, 10:10:59 PM, Rene Visco wrote:

> Or get 3 columns to be at the fixed width (33%) so the 3 columns will look
> good evenly.

> Any ideas....maybe it's CSS code?

you could use wiki divs and styles, for instance:

>>lfloat frame width=30pct<<
some text which will wrap some text which will wrap some text which will wrap some text which will wrap
>>lfloat frame width=30pct<<
second column text which will wrap second column text which will wrap second column text which will wrap
>>lfloat frame  width=30pct<<
Third column. Little bit more text and it should wrap long lines I hope.
>><<

you need to use pct rather than % for percent units.
I had to go a little less than 33% to allow for margins when I tried.
I used 'frame' only to show some boxes.

see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatingColumns

  ~Hans