[pmwiki-users] Newbie Alert!!! How do I attach/upload anything?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:11:48 CDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is so frustrating!
>
> I read the documentation in PmWiki.Uploads and PmWiki.Images.
>
> In /local/config.php I have entered:
>
> $EnableUpload = 1;
> $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('uploadpassword');
>
> I have a file on my hard disk - c:\ISF Stuff\isflogo.jpg.
>
> So, in the sandbox, I enter the command:
>
> [@Attach:c:\ISF Stuff\isflogo.jpg@]
>
> and nothing happens.
>
> How do I upload/attach a file?

Hi, Jeff:  It looks like your understanding of some of the instruction is
sort of inverted.  The Attach: command should specify the **destination** of
the uploaded file, not its source.  So you could do
Attach:Main/HomePage/Logo.jpg, and save your edit.  Then click the new link
you will have created and you'll be given the Uploads action for the Sandbox
page, with Logo.jpg already entered as the new name for the new,
to-be-uploaded file. Use the Browse button to find c:\ISF Stuff\isflogo.jpg
and accept, then Upload and when you get the "Upload Successful" message,
return to the Sandbox to see the attached image displayed.

Holler if any part of that needs clarification.

Tegan