[pmwiki-users] Group home page link goes to wrong page

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Thu Oct 18 20:16:13 CDT 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007, Niklaus Kuehnis wrote:
> Petko Yotov schrieb:
> > Here is my workaround. Add to config.php this line:
> >    $EnableFixedUrlRedirect=0;
> >
> > This seems to fix the "link on top of every page in the group MyGroup
> > (link text "MyGroup/")" redirect problem.
>
> Yep, that workaround works! :)

OK, cool!

> > I am unable to reproduce the same problem, on a fresh install of the
> > stable version. If the above fix doesn't get links right, please add some
> > more information about what local customizations (variables, recipes...)
> > have you done, and if it is possible, show us the wiki.
>
> $ScriptUrl <public url to "pmwiki" folder>
> $PubDirUrl <same plus /pub folder>
> $DefaultPasswords ...
> $GUIButtons = 1;
> $TimeFmt = '%d.%m.%G, um %R %Z' ;
> $GroupPattern='(?:Site|PmWiki|PmWikiDe|Main|Profiles|Game|Topic|Category|My
>Group
>
> |Impro|Discussion)';
>
> $EnableXLPage('de','PmWikiDe.XLPage');
> $PagePathFmt = array('$Group.$1');
> $EnableFixedUrlRedirect=0;
> newpageboxplus

Nothing suspicious here...

I'm not sure I understand correctly. You said:

> [[MyGroup]] (and its non-editable equivalent link)
> goes to Main.MyGroup even though I'm in MyGroup/.

1. What is exactly "its non-editable equivalent link"?

2. The text [[Link]] inside a page MyGroup.Page links to Main.Link? It should
link to MyGroup.Link. Is this text really in a page MyGroup.Page, or is it
included, such as from Main.SideBar?

If it is included, it is normal that the link is relative to the real page;
use [[{*$Group}/Link]] instead.

Is it for any linked page, or just for the group's homepage? Like: the text
[[MyGroup]] inside a page MyGroup.Page links not to [[MyGroup.MyGroup]] but
to [[Main.MyGroup]]?

> I prefer not to publish the url. Should I send it to you by e-mail?

If you wish, even if I don't know if I can solve this one. (It may be usefull
to be possible to edit some pages, and to temporarily enable the diagnostic
tool of PmWiki, like $EnableDiag=1; in config.php.)

Petko