[pmwiki-users] conditional display of text based on authgroup

Iannis Zannos zannos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:08:54 CST 2007

Hello, I am re-posting my question as it seems to have been ignored due to
be placed in
a thread of related topic started earlier by me.

Since group @special is not defined, it should not display "this is special
group",
but it does.

Details:

Thank you (:if auth admin:) works well. I tried to refine this and did some
study of the online pmwiki doc, so
now got stuck with following example, which does not work;

The doc says at:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConditionalMarkupSamples

if authgroup

Displays following text only if the viewer is currently authenticated in the
given group. (ie. logged in, and a member of the given authorization group)
via optional AuthUser authentication scheme.

   - Markup: (:if authgroup @groupname:) or even (if authgroup id:sally)
   - Definition: $Conditions['authgroup'] =
   '$GLOBALS["AuthList"][$condparm] > 0';

So I tried this example:

* %rel=nofollow%(:if authgroup @special:)this is special group(:if:)

I have no group named @special defined, but I have enabled AuthUser.
If I understand correctly, the text "this is special group" should not be
displayed.

What am I doing wrong:

Iannis Zannos