[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] idea: categories defining properties

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Tue Nov 27 21:28:10 CST 2007

Hans wrote:
> You can use conditional markup to test page text variables.
> You can use conditional markup in custom edit forms.
> So you could crate an edit form like this:
>
> (:if equal {{*$FullName}$:EditForm} Blog:)
> input controls for blog edits go here...
> (:if equal {{*$FullName}$:EditForm} Comment:)
> input controls for comment edits go here..
> (:ifend:)
> other controls....
>
> and add to your blog pages (:EditForm:Blog:)
> and your comment pages (:EditForm:Comment:)
>
> which will show customised edit forms when opening the pages.

If I only wanted each page to belong to a single category, I would just
use my EditDataPages recipe, which allows each page group to have a
custom EditForm.  What I'm suggesting is that each page would belong to
zero or more categories, as Cookbook pages already do:

Categories: [[!Forms]], [[!Data]]

and the EditForm would display additional input fields as defined on the
Category.Forms and Category.Data pages.  Adding more category tags to
the page would result in more input fields, assuming the categories were
defined as such.

Does that help clarify what I'm imagining?  --Ben