[pmwiki-users] ThumbList question +RFC

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Nov 25 09:55:04 CST 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 12:17:27 Hans wrote:
> >> Any hints how to get IPTC data from images into some sort of wiki page
> >> data format,...
> >
> > Not with Thumblist.

It seems that extracting IPTC data is not as complicated as I thought, so if
there is a demonstrated need for it, we may enable it.

> I am writing a filter function for Fox, which will pick out all the
> image data from images in an upload folder, and will generate for each
> image a data page with these data as hidden PTVs, and a format for
> displaying what one wants. This is all just on one template page which
> will be used for each image data page. Then thumblist can use the data
> pages by its template option, as includes. No chage to thumblist
> necessary. Thumblist template option is great! Thank you!

Thumblist was meant to be a '''simple''' gallery, designed to display one or
many thumbnails on one wiki page, linking to the original pictures. All other
features (templates, trails, page variables) are additional, optional or
occasional, and it may be difficult or tricky to use them all the time.

I would suggest looking at the excellent Cookbook:WikiGallery [1], which is
designed to have one wiki page per picture, where you could hold all data,
description and comments, and use the page data in pagelists, searches etc.

Thanks,
Petko
[1] http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiGallery