[pmwiki-users] Examples and recipes for forum on pmwiki

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Nov 22 16:53:47 CST 2007

On 11/22/07, Iannis Zannos <zannos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am thinking of starting a forum on a pmwiki and have found the following
> recipe:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZAPforum
>
> I am not sure if this is still a supported forum component, or if it is
> obsolete.
> Are there other recipes out there which I should be aware of and
> evaluating?
> Also, can someone direct me to websites that show examples of a forum
> running on pmwiki?
> Thanks,
>
> Iannis Zannos

ZAP is a good option, but it is no longer being supported nor developed. And
while it is quite powerful, there's a bit of a learning curve to it. Hans on
the other hand is doing some good work with Fox, can give you a better ready
made solution, and walk you through the process. I never used Fox, but I'd
suggest you look into it carefully if I were in your shoes. Hans does very
good work, and provides great support.

Cheers,
Dan