[pmwiki-users] dynamic right - bar contents in 3 column skins?

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Tue Nov 20 03:55:09 CST 2007

Iannis Zannos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Another beginner's Q: I noticed quite a few skins that have 3 columns: A
> menu column to the left, a main text area and a menu column to the right.
> Is it possible to make the right menu column's contents change depending on
> the selection for example of a group in the left menu? That would be useful
>  for displaying the sub-chapters (or pages or whatever) of a topic in a
> site that has many large topics (groups) with several pages per topic
> (group).

Ultimately, it depends on the skin, but most of the skins that have a third
column make it relatively easy to do what you are asking. Usually its done by
creating a specially named page in each group where you want the right column
text to be different. The names vary, but are typically something like
RightSide, or RightBar or the like. It should be documented in the Cookbook
pages of the individual skins in question.
--
Stirling Westrup -- Visionary, Technology Analyst, Researcher, Software
Engineer, IT Generalist

LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228

Website:       http://www.pooq.com
Tech Blog:     http://technaut.livejournal.com
Business Blog: http://willcodeforfood.livejournal.com
--
Spread the word: Its all a HOAX, memes don't exist!