[pmwiki-users] Understanding Robots control

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:21:44 CST 2007

Repost:

This page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ControllingWebRobots
says:
---------------
For PmWiki 2.2, here's something you can use if you want to allow
robots to follow links to external sites and avoid wasting bandwidth
by having robots blindly follow links to unimportant wiki pages.

# Remove the default "rel='nofollow'" attribute for external links.
$UrlLinkFmt = "<a class='urllink' href='\$LinkUrl'>\$LinkText</a>";
# Eliminate forbidden ?action= values from page links returned to robots.
$EnableRobotCloakActions = 1;

I'd like robots to follow off-site links. I'm running 2.1.27.  Will
that code work on my sites?

I'd just try it and see, but I don't know how to tell whether robots
are allowed to follow off-site links.