[pmwiki-users] how to remove vandalism from wiki

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:02:06 CST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 11:25 AM, Matt Hollingsworth <mattt1138 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:13:43 -0600
> > From: tmdowling at gmail.com
> > To: mattt1138 at hotmail.com
>
> > Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] how to remove vandalism from wiki
> > CC: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
> >
> > On Nov 17, 2007 11:07 AM, Matt Hollingsworth <mattt1138 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > Someone vandalized my wiki. Not much, it's not huge or anything. But, I
> > > really cannot figure out how to get rid of it.
> > >
> > > http://zagreb-wiki.com/index.php?n=Main.HomePage
> >
> > Make it a habit to check
> > http://zagreb-wiki.com/index.php?n=Site.AllRecentChanges frequently.
>
>  Interestingly enough, that does not show the changes made.   Some vandal
> went there on November 3rd and changed a buncha pages.  He did on some other
> dates too, just adding nonsense.

The changes made on November 3d don't show up on AllRecentChanges
*NOW*, because of course you've since de-spammed them, but did they
show up there at the time?  If not, how do you know when the spamming
was done?

Is this one of the pages that was spammed:
http://zagreb-wiki.com/index.php?n=Main.Phone?

If so, look at http://zagreb-wiki.com/index.php?n=Main.Phone?action=diff
-- you can see the spamming entries there.

This was done via wiki edits in the normal way, so having a site-wide
password in place should cover it.