[pmwiki-users] Pm's whereabouts, 2.2 status

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Nov 15 06:24:23 CST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Hans wrote:
> Thursday, November 15, 2007, 5:04:41 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> >    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LimitDiffsPerPage
> >
> > When you install the recipe, you shouldn't need anymore to replace core
> > files on an upgrade. The recipe is fully independent and works at least
> > as fast as the core pagerev.php, but on pages with long revision history
> > it can be drastically faster.
>
> Great! A fast display of the latest history! Thank you!
>
> Just one note: the version is given as 2006-03-xx
> maybe needs updating?

Well, this is sensibly the same code I put together in March 2006 (don't know
which day :-) ), so, probably no. It should work perfectly though, with all
pmwiki versions between March 2006 and today. The last change to the core
scripts/pagerev.php was in version 2.1.beta23 (2006-02-07).

I thank Patrick for such a great program that PmWiki is. With this small
change, the core script pagerev.php is replaced, that is: it is not loaded at
all. There cannot be any waste of time or server resources. Moreover, the
changes will no more be lost after a PmWiki upgrade. Sorry that I didn't do
the independent recipe earlier.

Thanks,
Petko