[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 34

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Tue Nov 13 09:13:03 CST 2007

Philippe wrote,
> First, with the templates. I understand that the recipes are supposed to
> create some templates automatically, but I don't think that it works in
> my installation, because I get the following markups in pages (followed
> by a rather ugly output):
>
> D Qedit?' >
>
> D Qlist?'>
>
> D Qview?' align='center'>

Ah!  My guess is that you have WikiWords enabled... DataPlates' tags
look like
(:input form class=DQedit:)
(:table class=DQlist:)
(:table class=DQview:)
and the WikiWord markup is mistaking the class names for WikiWords and
inserting additional markup right in the middle of the <form> or <table>
HTML tags, breaking the tags, and ugliness ensues.

I have never used the WikiWords feature of PmWiki precisely because of
such stupid behavior -- I can't get it to work reliably even without
recipes, and so I've never tested it with DataPlates.

You have three options:
1) disable WikiWords in your config.php like so:
   $LinkWikiWords = 0;
2) manually edit the templates that DataPlates creates for you to remove
the capital letters from the class names.
3) Edit the DataPlates and DataQuery recipes, find all occurrences of
DQedit, DQlist, and DQview, and remove the capital letters.

I recommend you try #1 just to see if it solves the problem, then choose
#2 or 3 if you're really attached to using WikiWords.

If #1 doesn't help, send me a link to your site and I'll take another
look.  --Ben S.