[pmwiki-users] Trouble downloading large files with secure uploads

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Nov 12 18:30:17 CST 2007

One of the wikis I manage at work is set up with secure uploads, for
security reasons. It faces the internet (so is set up with https and
read passwords and edit passwords etc) and is used by some of our
partners to download releases of our software from -- hence the secure
uploads are turned on.

However, these files are very large, and they are finding it difficult
to download them without them being corrupted, because they have to
download through their browser, because PmWiki security is done via
session cookies.

Is there some other way that this could be done, so that one can still
have secure uploads, but one could perhaps use some more reliable
external program, (like wget) to download the files?

And, no, turning off secure uploads is NOT an option.

Kathryn Andersen