[pmwiki-users] markup expression: what name & where?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Nov 12 15:25:09 CST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 4:15 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:53:00PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > Monday, November 12, 2007, 8:44:19 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > > That sounds like a good approach -- I'm still figuring out how I want
> > > to handle markup expressions in forms and conditional processing.
> >
> > It will also open the way to do all kinds of numeric etc magic, and
> > date substitutions, using the same standard as markup expression.
> > How about using this syntax:
> >
> >     {$$(expr arg1 arg2)}
> >
> > This goes along with the other replacement var syntax {$$var}
>
> Yes, that's the syntax that will likely be used for this.
>
> Pm

Starting to sound like the old Pmwiki around here with some great
ideas floating around. Very interesting.

Another idea however might be to have an optional parameter in the
expression markup that controls when it is executed. For example, the
default is onload, but it could be set to onsubmit, or perhaps onsave.
Perhaps other options. So {(time onsubmit)} would give a different
value from {(time)}. Or, what might be easier on the php side of
things: {onsubmit(time)}, or {onsave(time)}.  Just thinking out loud.

Cheers
Dan