[pmwiki-users] Installing PmWiki...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Nov 12 10:59:28 CST 2007

I'm looking at the possibility of creating a few video
tutorials that demonstrate various aspects of PmWiki
operation, including page authoring and setting up/configuring
PmWiki.  But in order to understand authoring better, I need
to know what package(s) most people are using to install
PmWiki onto their webserver and/or webhosting environment.

For example, I tend to use the Unix command line to install
PmWiki on my systems.  However, I suspect that I'm in the
minority on this one, and that most people who are first-time
PmWiki admins will be using some form of FTP or other file
transfer package to upload PmWiki files to a server.

So, my question is:  what methods and tools are people typically
using to install PmWiki to a webserver?  I'll try to use the same
or similar tools when creating the videos.

Thanks!