[pmwiki-users] Creating a new page with GET/POST variables (or

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 18:10:50 CST 2007

Friday, November 9, 2007, 11:37:06 PM, sti at pooq.com wrote:

> True. If I'd been asked ahead of time, I would have said that this couldn't
> possibly work. The fact that it /almost/ works though is both surprising and
> very frustrating.

Well it does work, but it needed some changes.

(:input form action={$ScriptUrl}:)
(:input hidden action edit:)
(:input hidden postedit 1:)
(:input hidden template Blog.Template:)
(:input text pagename {(wikiword "Blog.This is a test")} :)
(:input submit post Enter:)
(:input end:)

form action={$ScriptUrl} is the executing script.
action=edit calls HandleEdit function.
postedit=1  is needed to open the edit form, without this a page gets
written with the pagename, but no content.
template=Blog.Template is ignored, a template does not get loaded
into the edit form.
pagename=..enter value.. is used as pagename, as target. You can also
use n= instead.

  ~Hans