[pmwiki-users] foxblog question

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:29:48 CST 2007

On 11/9/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Friday, November 9, 2007, 5:00:24 PM, Maria McKinley wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for your help Hans. I'm not sure if my change to the css
> > sheet really happened (there was nothing in my local.css before),
> > because it didn't look like anything changed. I think I would like to
> > get rid of the "created --" bit right before the Comments , or else
> > move it to be with the by maria bit. Is there an easy way to change
> > this?
>
> well the bare ==== are gone and you see a hor. rule instead.
> The HTML source shows: <hr class="hr-double" /> so the markup is
> working, but the hr-double class style is not been picked up.
> If it is in pub/css/local.css it should be. I don't know why it is not
> been picked up.
>
> The create -- at the blogpost bottom come sfrom the pagelist template
> on page Site.LocalTemplates. In th efirst anchored section #foxblog
> near the end you find a line:
>                   >>rfloat<<created {=$BlogDate} --
>
> There is the origin of creation :-) Somehow {$BlogDate} did not show
> either, perhaps you did not define it anywhere (config.php). Anyway,
> to get rid of it delete the lot, including the next line's closing
>         >><<
>

> Happy wiki blogging!
>
>   ~Hans

It looks like in the code that is posted for config.php, the variables
that are defined are BlogDateSimple and LastModifiedDate. If I switch
BlogDate in Site.LocalTemplates to BlogDateSimple, then it seems to
work fine.

(:if:)
>>rfloat<<created {=$BlogDateSimple} --
>><<

Is BlogDate suppose to be something different than BlogDateSimple, or
did it just get posted as the wrong variable name? Now that the
created bit makes sense, I'm going to leave it there.

I'm not really sure the comments are working the way they are suppose
to. I seem to have a link to edit the comment page, but I was
expecting a commentbox sort of thing.

thanks again for your help,
maria