[pmwiki-users] Uploads/Attachments per PAGE not group?

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Wed May 30 13:45:26 CDT 2007

Replying to ...
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 03:21:02PM +0300, Mildiner, Melvyn wrote:
> > When I click "Attach" I'm shown a list of all attachments for the group.
> > I'd rather see just the attachments for the specific page that I'm on,
> > is that possible?

You can have all pictures uploaded to separate directories, one for each page,
by adding this to config.php:

   $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group/$Name';

This way, both the "Attach" link and the markup (:attachlist:) will list only
files attached to the current page instead of group. Attach:Picture.jpg will
only work for files attached to the current page, but you can always link or
display files in other pages like this:

   Attach:OtherPage/Picture.jpg : to another page (same group)
   Attach:OtherGroup.OtherPage/Picture.jpg

See: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin

Note that if you change this setting PmWiki will not anymore see your
previously uploaded files untill you move them in the correct new
directories, so on an existing wiki this may need some extra work.

FWIW on all my installations first thing I set this per-page upload
directories, I believe it is more straightforward and more consistent with
the users' expectations about files attached to pages.

Thanks,
Petko