[pmwiki-users] Upload problem

Kim Williams kim at knowtation.info
Tue May 29 16:01:42 CDT 2007

iI am running PMWiki 5.2.0 and everything else is working fine ....

Uploading produces the following message:

"Warning:
move_uploaded_file(http://www.myWiki.com/pub/uploads/MKB/Allrounder420C.pdf)
[function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does
not support writeable connections. in /homepages/...upload.php on line 198

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to
move '/tmp/phpAkTsC2' to
'http://www.myWiki.compub/uploads/MKB/Allrounder420C.pdf' in
.../myWiki/scripts/upload.php on line 198
PmWiki can't process your request"

Seems that as I am using a managed shared server, I cannot move the temp
file from the server to my 'uploads' directory. PHP_info() shows that
File Uploads are enabled and /tmp on the server is the session_save_path.

Obviously, I can ftp files and link to them on the page - but it defeats
the point of uploads altogether. Anything I can do to get round this
problem?

Kim