[pmwiki-users] pmfeed drops the ball on ’

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Mon May 28 23:30:32 CDT 2007

I'm having a funny problem with the pmfeed recipe... at
http://www.psduua.org/StayingConnected/Blogs , you can see that some
apostrophes are being displayed as a high-ASCII character.  My solution
to this problem would normally be to identify which high-ASCII character
it is and put a markup definition in my config.php to convert it to
’ (also known as ’).

However, if you go to the RSS feed, http://nheege.wordpress.com/feed/ ,
you will see that the apostrophes in question *are* ’.  They are
evidently being converted from a standard HTML character to a
nonstandard high-ASCII one by pmfeed, most likely by its
"unhtmlentities" function.

Why should this function translate this character incorrectly?  What
should I do about it?  Thanks in advance.  --Ben