[pmwiki-users] translation portal

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Tue May 29 12:41:55 CDT 2007

Forgive me if I missed an existent page, but after some days of
reading through the wiki, I still have some questions regarding
translation than may be of interest for others, so I setup a
"translation portal page" here:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TranslationPortal

right now there are mostly questions, but as soon as I find or any
body give answers, links will be added.

the goal of this page is to explain to new translator some important
mechanisms used to build the translations. This is an english page,
because I think it may interest any translator, whatever langage he uses.

PmWiki translation is mostly done (for my langage, I can't know for
the others), so the work is the never ending update one. This is
probably the main reason for having little "permanent" translators. On
the french part, one of the main Translator (seemingly) wrote to me
that he stopped working one year ago.

So may be we need to work toward new ones, and so explain sometings
than may have been know by older members.

I'm myself quite experienced as translator, but not as PmWiki user
:-(, so I openned this page as a preliminary step (I like to be
organised :-))

sincerely
jdd
--