[pmwiki-users] ImportHTML was: pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Tue May 29 10:58:41 CDT 2007

> > ImportText is looking very good. My only request is (if its not there already)
> > to put in some hooks to call user-supplied routines to wiki-convert the file
> > contents.
> Good idea, I'll see what I can do.  But if someone else wants to
> tackle that feature... be my guest!  :-)

I am not sure I understand the advantage of having a hook in PmWiki for this.

If some conversion has to be made, why not do it beforehand and place
its output in the import directory ?

If the conversion is done when PmWIki does the import, it ends up
taking longer for the visitor who happens to have triggered it,
without any other benefit apparent to me.

Am I missing something ?

Christophe