[pmwiki-users] Markup Expressions problem

Simon Wotherspoon Simon.Wotherspoon at utas.edu.au
Mon May 28 00:23:16 CDT 2007

Is it too late to beg for a change to the syntax for markup expressions?

My problem is this - I use a lot of mathematics in some pages, and
render it using ASCIIMathML
(http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/asciimath.html).  The new syntax for
markup expressions completely breaks this because the sequence "{("
tends to occur all the time in latex  math syntax.  The nicest solution
to allow ASCIIMathML and PmWiki to play together again would be to
change the syntax for markup expressions to a sequence that does not
readily occur in latex - perhaps something like "{:".

There is a recipe for incorporating ASCIIMathML into PmWiki, but it is
just much easier to include the ASCIIMathML javascript in your skin and
have all the action occur at the browser.

Sorry in being so late to bring this up, I should check for betas more
frequently.

S.