[pmwiki-users] Site.* permissions (was: Displaying page permissions)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 27 11:18:02 CDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 10:19:46AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 09:06:42AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Option 2:  Leave the Site.* group open as it is now, but lock
> > certain pages that should generally be restricted to admins.
> > This would include:
> >
> >     Site.InterMap
> >     Site.AuthUser
> >     Site.AuthList
> >     Site.ApprovedUrls
> >     Site.Blocklist
> >     Site.NotifyList
> >
> > Option 3:  Introduce a new SiteAdmin group that contains pages
> > specifically intended for the site administrator.
>
> [...]
> Would it be possible to smooth the transition to having a SiteAdmin
> group by having some sort of search path, so that it would look for
> those pages in Site first, and then in SiteAdmin?

My first thought was that this could be fairly difficult, but
after looking at the above list of affected pages I think this
might already be available.  So, perhaps we could do this
without too much difficulty -- the hard part is communicating
the change to the installed population.

I'm guessing we would have a {$SiteAdmin} page variable to
correspond with {$SiteGroup}?