[pmwiki-users] Caching strategy

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Sun May 27 02:50:34 CDT 2007

As far as I understand, PmWiki does all it can to disable local
caching by the client browser,  as the pages are exptected to change
at any time.

>  $PageListCacheDir = 'work.d';
>  $PageCacheDir = 'work.d';

Now that we have page caching and pagelist caching available, is this
approach still the best ?

If an admin chooses to use caching, shouldn't (if not yet the case)
the pages that are rendered from the cache be allowed to be cached by
the client browser too ?

As we talk here about pages that are likely to be long (as they take a
long time to be rendered by PmWiki, which is the first reason to have
caching in PmWiki), this would help speeding things up even more.

Any thoughts ?

Christophe