[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue May 22 17:38:15 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 02:33:40PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:27:17PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
[snip -- import feature]
> > I don't want to push you, but if you could tell me how many nights I
> > still have to sleep before seeing it ;-)
>
> Could happen tonight (small probability), could be several days before
> I can get to it.  I have a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment.
>
> But if I get a lot of "me too" requests for this feature, its
> priority goes up accordingly.  :-)  And it'll undoubtedly be a
> recipe, not a core feature.

Me too!  I have some stuff that I put on my personal wiki that I wrote a
script for, which calls pywe in order to put it there -- it would be nicer
and simpler if I could just put things in an import directory, and let
PmWiki take care of them.

A question, though: what if the page one is importing already exists in
the wiki?  Would it simply overwrite it, or would it be treated as a
conflict?

But I agree that HTML caching is probably beneficial to more people.

Kathryn Andersen