[pmwiki-users] Session Erors and UserAuth2

IchBin weconsultants at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:37:12 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:31:48PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
>> Now
>> session.bug_compat_42	On	On
>> session.save_path	\tmp	 \tmp
>> _______________________________________
>>
>> WAS
>> session.bug_compat_42	Off	Off
>> session.save_path	no value no value
>> _______________________________________
>>

>> I changed them back and I do not get the error. Had to be the
>> session.save_path pointing to an nonexistent subdirectory. I do not
>> remember changing these values but I guess I must have since they are
>> different.
>>
>> The only problem now with pmwiki is that I have to enter my password
>> ever time I edit or save a wiki page.
>>
>> I have no clue why pmWiki is now not remembering that I am the admin and
>> that I have already entered the admin password.
>
> The reason for this is almost certainly that sessions are not
> actually being saved.
>
> On Unix platforms, using "no value" for session.save_path is
> okay.  For many versions of PHP running under windows, the
> admin or program has to explicitly set session.save_path in
> order for it to work.  The directory has to exist, and PHP has
> to have permission to write files into the directory.
>
> Pm

When I changed the session.save_path to a valid subdirectory it did not
work. I run as a windows admin so permissions was not a problem.

Well, but I knew that I have been running with the session.save_path
with "no value" since I started playing around with PHP about 4-5 months
ago. I methodically went through and tried to find the problem based on
what I have done.

In the last few weeks I upgraded from Apache 2.0.59 to 2.2.4. I also
added a virtual host for my local stuff and wanted to do this for the
Eclipse PHP PDT tool. There must have been problems with my Apache
VirtualHost definitions. I dropped my Apache2 virtual host definitions
and all work with out the "no value" as before. Sorry to take your time
and thanks for your guidance.

--
Thanks in Advance...           http://weconsulting.org
IchBin, Philadelphia, Pa, USA http://ichbinquotations.weconsulting.org