[pmwiki-users] Acme software closing down...

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon May 21 06:07:22 CDT 2007

On 5/20/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> Due to surprizing success in my attempts to develop an experimental
> wiki engine, the glory days of the Acme software enterprise appears to
> be numbered (at least the PmWiki division). I still intend to continue
> participating in the PmWiki community, but at a reduced level--as I am
> switching everything over to ZAPwiki.

Just to confirm, ZAPwiki is a fork of PmWiki, right?

"Here are some of the documents I've pulled together to sketch out
plans for ZAPwiki, a new "easy" wiki engine that can run ZAP all by
itself. ZAPwiki is not designed to be a replacement for the wonderful
security, flexibility, and power in PmWiki, but rather a simpler
alternative with an easier interface some users may prefer. I'm mostly
doing it just to see if I can!"

http://www.fast.st/zapbeta/index.php?n=Support-Engine/HomePage

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill