[pmwiki-users] JITS: AuthUser necessary ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 20 10:55:55 CDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 09:41:25AM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> ... and I think even Pm will start moving
> that direction from hints of how he will set up the commenting system
> target controls.

While it's true that I will be offering an option for centralized control
of permissions [1], it will supplement, not replace, PmWiki's current
authorization mechanism, and it will continue to look at things from
the perspective of pages and not users.

In other words, there will be a configuration page and/or configuration
variables that look something like:

   Site.*: edit=@admin,id:alice attr=@admin
   Site.AuthUser: read=@admin
   SomeGroup.*: edit=@editors