[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta46 released

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun May 20 09:20:11 CDT 2007

Sunday, May 20, 2007, 2:58:34 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Hmm.  Since the {$$name} is coming from the page text variable,
> and not the template itself, PmWiki won't treat it as a template
> substitution.  I don't know that I'll make it work that way,
> either, as it seems to imply that {$$var} would need to be a
> markup rule of some sort instead of something applied
> immediately to a template.

> Or, put another way, I haven't come up with a good example where I'd
> want to do a template substitution from inside of a page text
> variable.

That is fine. {$$name} was not really the issue with my example (even
if it did not work), but the issue was that I used {$$text} instead of
{*{$$text}}. Then seeing what you did I changed the example, so you
did not see the original one, sorry :-)

Anyway you explained it all about {*{$$text}}, thank you!

  ~Hans