[pmwiki-users] As we just talked about (:pagelist:) ...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 19 13:28:34 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 05:52:08PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Saturday 19 May 2007 16:28, ThomasP wrote:
> > I just added the line
> > ->%green%Breaks @@(:pagelist:)@@ markup in connection with ...
> > on pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuth2 and since then this page does not
> > load anymore, but rather one gets
> >
> > Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> > /home/pmichaud/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1453
> >
> > I should have used [@...@].
>
> Fixed. If you have such error after a page save, you can just type the url to
> edit the page, like
>
>    pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuth2?action=edit
>
> and revert it, or escape it.

I'm thinking about setting a default count parameter of 1000 pages on
pmwiki.org, just to avoid this problem.

As discussed in earlier threads... the problem isn't in finding all
of the pages, it's the time needed for format the list (especially
since the default format requires reading every page for its
$:Summary line).