[pmwiki-users] Login issue with AuthUser

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat May 19 05:22:49 CDT 2007

On 5/19/07, info at hassanein.ch < info at hassanein.ch> wrote:

> Quoting "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>:

> >> I use 2.2.0-beta23 and 2.2.0-beta45

> >> I remain at the page showing the entry fields for userid and password,
> >> despite I am successfully loged-in
> >
> > What url and/or page are you using for ?action=login ?
> >
> > Normally one should be able to do something like
> >
> >   http://www.example.org/wiki/Main/HomePage?action=login
> >
> > which prompts someone to log in, and displays Main.HomePage after
> > successfully logging in.
> I do it exactely as you mentioned above, but as said, I end up staying
> at the login screen.

PM:  At the risk of muddying, rather than clarifying the situation, I'll
report that I experience the same thing under certain circumstances on
AuthUser-configured sites - and I don't use LDAP for storing/feeding
user/password pairs. So I may be wrong about this being a related phenom.

This happens on a system with AuthUser installed, which also has a
user-independent-password assigned 1) via (e.g.) $DefaultPasswords['edit'] =
crypt('secret'); in config.php or 2) via ?action=attr.

When the user clicks [[ThisGroup.ThisPage?action=login | log in please]] on
a page, and then pairs his username with a password that isn't the user's
own, but is one of those set via config or attr, I get the result that Mike
is reporting -- successfully authenticated, but remaining on the same
login-screen (now with the "not recognized" message), rather than browsing
ThisGroup.ThisPage.

On the other hand, if the user clicked [[ThisGroup.ThisPage?action=edit
|Edit]] and then provided a username plus a non-user-specific password, the
wiki would provide the edit screen.

Apologies if this isn't actually related.