[pmwiki-users] zap cancel button

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu May 17 17:07:28 CDT 2007

On 5/17/07, Ben Stallings <ben at interdependentweb.com> wrote:
> noskule wrote:
> > Is there a way/example for a cancel button? The cancel button should not
> > touch the datapage but use "nextpage"  to return to the basepage.
>
> Does it have to be a button?  Since it doesn't submit any data, a simple
> link would be more appropriate and a lot less work to implement.  You
> could use an image to make it look like a button if that were important,
> but the behavior you're looking for is not button behavior.  --Ben

Good point Ben. Still it would only be one line in ZAP to get what
noskule is wanting, and it could be kind of cool...

I'm not too keen on phony image buttons.  They don't click right!

On the other hand the problem is an extremely irritating one in html.
How do I assign a button a POST value that differs from the display
value. In this case I would want the abort button to have a value of
some nextpage page in the POST value, but would want to show cancel in
the button display. Is there anyway to do this?

Cheers,
Dan